Friday, October 22, 2010

Open Season

I have talked with Noel G. many times about were i believe that I will end up in the iD field in years to come and i would like to share.

I think that there are two sides in the spectrum in the field of iD. The first is the ultimate in form, beauty, emotion, and pure sex appeal, and that would be styling. being able to manipulate form at its very foundation to persuade an individuals feelings about a product, mo matter what it is, is so powerful for some.

On the other hand you have the tinkerer, a Leonardo D. if you will. Some one that is more interested in the ability to problem solve and to process the unwritten and unspoken words of others to complete rational conclusions about the human condition and create solutions for even the smallest of problems. This is the inventor. They are more concerned with how they are solving the problem and not just what its going to look like.

With this said, I feel as though most people land more towards the area of Styling. Which is great because cars are at the epitome of style and emotion. But that may not be what we need in everyday life. Under the gies of problem solving at school, i feel as though the first four years are overwhelmingly focused on the form factor of products.

I feel as though i lean more toward the Inventor side of things. in my journals and thoughts lie ideas of simple machines, solving common everyday problems, and really letting problems, and solutions for that matter, come to me. it isn't the best in the format in the school, but I hope that my portfolio will be able to reflect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment