Saturday, October 9, 2010

Review my goals

Begining of the quarter goals

"My goals this quarter are three fold and getting a Job for winter Co-Op is on the top of that list. I also want to hone and refine my portfolio so that it makes me want to sent it to every one, with out fear of my work being criticized over things other than the intellectual concepts. and Finally I want to refine my sketches, this to me is one of the most important skills that a designer holds, above and apart from any other discipline in a company, and is the single greatest tool for communicating ideas."

1. Getting a Co-Op. Done! I am going to work with a friend and more importantly a great Mentor, though he may not realize it yet! I have a Job with David Parrot at Stress Engineering up in Mason Ohio! Best part about it is that its seriously 5 minutes from my house!

2. I am really digging my portfolio right now, even more than when I made my first a few years back, I have refined the ideas, presented them into a clear and concise format. But most importantly I have something to be proud of, and a portfolio that I can send out to potential clients and employees!

3. This quarter we really didn't focus too much on sketching, and thats okay, I learned so much from all the other types of projects we did this quarter, this quarter really helped out with my portfolio but not with sketch's. I am okay with that though, because by now I am confident that I can practice on my own over the break and hone those skills too.

Two out of three, not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment