Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Design style

Yikes.

I believe at this stage in the game a particular style is definitively being harbored, but I am not sure I have landed on anything I can place my thumb on just yet.

I believe the best way to think about my current style is one of systems. I love to design groups of things, that all work together. They do not have to have the same form factor, or company logo, but rather an underlying relationship to one another that makes for a better sum of the parts over an individualized piece.

The best thing that comes to mind at the moment to put a product line in your minds that does this would be a power tool company and the standardization of the battery packs. I think it is brilliant. How long did it take to get a battery from one company power many different types of tools? too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment