Monday, May 23, 2011

Hot trends aren't as effective anymore

But they shouldn't be ignored either.

I was learning about make up trends from some of the girls at work when I was employed by Aveda. I was in a position were I wanted to know what the hottest make up trends were and how to spot them, and more importantly how to stay away from old out dated ones.

What I learned from my coworkers was not what I had expected at all. Make up is married to Fashion in my minds, and their are trends that are Hot, and well things that are Not. But what I was thought was that trends of makeup, no matter how hard you tried didn't work for everyone! go figure right, you mean a mask doesn't appeal or look good on every age face!
This is a "mask" in the runway, you know, where trend is born from!

They taught me that yes, at one time there were different trends for make up, in the fifties it was RED lipstick, in the eighties it was BLUE eye shadow. You want to know why it was a trend? because it looked like crap on 90% of the patrons. Now you want to make the make up compliment the natural features, to enhance the beauty within. But then again, this could all just be a trend too! lol! blew that idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment